It’s time to go to Washington!
AWEA Wind Power on Capitol Hill is a rare opportunity for AWEA members to participate in advocacy training and then put that training to work to educate legislators and their staff on the wind industry’s top policy initiatives at both the state and federal level.
Over the course two days you will:
· Meet with your elected officials, where you’ll advocate for policies that support your business and the wind industry
· Learn about campaign finance and political money’s impact on wind
· Understand how state and federal policies with shape the future of U.S. wind development
· Consult with advocacy pros on the most effective techniques for conducting meetings on the Hill, and fostering long-lasting relationships with your elected officials
· Network with your colleagues (including Capitol Hill reception) and learn how to enlist others in your congressional district to join the common cause
In addition to the advocacy training and a Lobby Day, next year, you can take part in a special Wind Power on Capitol Hill Rally, featuring several VIP speakers, to raise awareness of the wind industry's positive impact on today's energy landscape.
Your participation in Wind Power on Capitol Hill can make a huge difference in gaining wind industry support in Congress.